What is the Wales Safer Communities Board?
The purpose of the Wales Safer Communities Board is to provide leadership, oversight and direction to a joint programme of work with the aim of ensuring effective shared leadership is provided to support local partnership working in addressing community safety that will in turn support safe, strong and more confident communities. The Board also provides governance to the Wales Safer Communities Network.
Members of the Board currently are representatives from:
- Welsh Police & Crime Commissioners
- Welsh Chief Constables
- Local Authorities
- SOLACE Cymru
- Head of Safer Communities Network
- Welsh Government Community Safety Division
- Fire & Rescue Services
- HMPPS (specifically probation)
- Third Sector (Community Justice Cymru Chair)
- Community Safety Officers (Chair WACSO)
- Violence Prevention Unit
- Public Health Wales.