- Equality Act 2010 sets out the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
- Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 introduced the 7 wellbeing goals which include: a more equal Wales; a Wales of cohesive communities; a healthier Wales; and a resilient Wales.
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998 provides legislation for the 5 strands of hate crime.
- Criminal Justice Act 2003 allows for an uplift in sentence for those convicted of a hate crime.
- Public Order Act 1986 statutory incitement of hatred offences.
For legislation under specific crimes please see the information under each of the topics on the website.